Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Nature's Make Up-My Happy Place

My fella and I kibitzed about our "happy place" the other day. Mine involved starting at the top of Island Street in Golden Hill and riding as fast as I can down the hill, without stop signs, oncoming traffic or the danger of being "doored" by some unsuspecting car owner. It ended with me laying on my back on a patch of grass in the park. Well, today, he inspired me to make my happy place a reality--at least a part of it. I had 2 meetings today, 1 in Southpark and 1 downtown. So---before going to bed I did my morning duties so I would have time to ride to the meetings. First meeting, 9 am, Grant's Market. I connected with an old colleague and it was awesome. 12 minutes via bike from my house to the coffee shop. One hour meeting, quick change into my tennis shoes and headed for Island Street. Got to the top and cruised all the way down. Wind in my hair, only a few pigeons in the way, and all the cars behaved unusually well. It made me wonder, "What ever happened with that Island Street project?" A local reporter said he has an update for me from SanDag so I will email later today to see the scoop. Hit the bank, grabbed a bowl of fruit and cup of coffee at COFFEE ART on F and 6th. This place is cool. Free wireless for patrons. The bathrooms are big....big enough for me to do wonder woman change, quick spritz and get some emails done for a couple clients before my next meeting. "Right Now" by Van Halen is playing in the background and I totally forgot how inspiring this song is. Remember what a rad video this was? I got a bowl of berries here, and it's delicious. Peaches, berries, bananas, plain yogurt and honey----nummalicious. For a cup of coffee and a huge bowl of berries, free wireless and a big wonder woman change bathroom--$8.00---pretty kewl deal. Kewl as in Miley Cyrus speak. Try it out....www.sdcoffeeart.com

Something I learned over the last couple weeks is the power of Nature's Make Up. My helmet serves as a flat iron and the wind serves as glowey rouge. I blow dry my hair just enough so the top is dry, I keep the bottom wet. By the time I get to my destination and take my helmet off, the wind and helmet work as a flat iron. When I take the helmet off, the ends of my hair are flipped so it looks like I styled it. After I go to the bathroom for wonder woman change, wash hands, splash water on face and apply lip gloss--the wind has created a special light red glow to my cheeks--looks like make up--but it's nature's make up. Thank you bike ride bliss.....

No comments:

Post a Comment