Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back in the saddle....

Well--we've made some strides the last couple of days. My car lease expires 11/24 and guess who's NOT getting a new car??? You got it--ME--that's right. I am going to be a full time 100% bike commuter.....chew on that Exxon Mobil.

My boyfriend still can't believe it's possible and is already thinking about insurance options for his other car. It's impossible for him to believe that one can just ride their bike everywhere.

I say, anything's possible with a bike and a blog...right?

Anyway---you have to check out this movie.... Riding with the Dutch. YouTube it. I am fascinated by the story and want to see more. I want to learn more about this guy and his family and how the bike stuff changed his life. More to follow.

I finally reconnected with the SD Bike Coalition today. Very excited to volunteer again at Tour De Fat. This time I am going to ride in it...then volunteer. Also, I guess there are some other awesome Urban Core things happening in the downtown area. Need to connect with Kathy at SDBCC to get back involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment