Thursday, September 2, 2010

Easing back in....

OK...now that I am back in San Diego I need to get back into my groove of biking everywhere. It's been a slow start as I am going between 2 house--my main squeeze and mine...I have a ton of running around to do for new job and house stuff...and the main squeeze has a dog..who unfortunately cannot ride a bike--YET. I got back into the groove this week and kicked off the inspiration with the annual Bike the Bay bike ride. WOW...what a great event. My friends Sandy and Andy created this great ride and they let me run the beer garden for it. How fun is it to greet bike riders after they just enjoyed a radical ride over the Coronado bridge on the San Diego Bay...and then have a delish cold brewski? Seeing all those bike riders this past Sunday was inspiring...so....we watched...we enjoyed and I kicked it back into bike gear. While riding this week I realized cars still do not like bikers. They are still real mad. On the road a couple days a ago a fella yelled from his car window: "You're suppose to be riding on the sidewalk...". I did not correct him, nor did I cite the law that states in a commercial area you are suppose to be on the road...but..if I knew that off the top of my head I would have for sure. Today while riding I encountered a man with a plastic pitch fork riding his bike on the opposite side of the road. He didn't seem mean...but...he did seem that he was on a mission...Yesterday on the way from a gal pal's house to my main squeeze's house I hopped on the trolley... There seemed to be a bit of a scuffle with some folks on the trolley and I started feeling unsafe, so...I hopped off and rode the rest of the way. I was suppose to get there at 830 and arrived at 9 but fret not....the spaghetti was hot and a glass of wine was waiting---DELISH! Today I rode 15 miles....rode from my house to doctor in U heights....then to Kinko's in Hillcrest..then Mission Hills for boot camp and back home. University street seems in the worst shape I've ever seen it. There are cracks and crevices that are not safe. That street needs to be fixed.... Onward and upward...stay tuned for my progress on getting my pedi cab lisence...yep...I said it...Pedi Cab Operator....

No comments:

Post a Comment