Sunday, December 27, 2009

Reunion.....

Well, December has come and gone. I haven't written in ages...mostly because I haven't been on my bike in ages. I was in Mexico, then home for 5 days--my home for 5 days was littered with client events and work stuff--which made for 15 hour work days involving public transport and cabs...then--off to Ohio for holiday with family. No bikes there. I did manage to squeeze in a SD Bike Coalition meeting in the midst of my travels...and WOW--what an organization. The Big 5 was established and I am happy to see the addition of a focus on "The Urban Core" along with continued focus on "education". The biggest thing about education is really educating cars that bikes have same rules as cars, and educating people that commuting by bike is easy and can be done. We got to toss around some Bike Station talk too, which, always makes me happy. Come hell or high water, we are getting one of those bad boys in the Urban Core in 2010!! Mark my words..... So..I let Baby Blue have a sleepover while I was in Ohio. She's gingerly perched upon her bike rack at work. I wonder if she missed me? I know I missed her. AND.....Santa brought me the coolest hat. It's pink, and sweat proof, and in the shape of a baseball cap, but, it's a workout cap with a cool blinding LED light on the front. It's perfect for night time riding... It's made my Totes...and a portion of the revenue goes to breast cancer--it's a good will trifecta--well lit night riding, sweat absorbing, and philanthropic. That santa really knows a good gift for a bike commuter when she sees it! There's more thoughts of that awesome Bianchi bike too. My friends Kim and Bill brought me a catalog. I do need to consult with my neighbor friend--Curtis. I promised him that he'd be my shopping mate on the new bike adventure. So, between Bill and Curtis, we will have a great bike buying adventure. GOAL--new snazzy bike by President's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment