Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 55--Not-on a bike....

I'm in Mexico, and am still not driving. There is a shuttle that takes us "into town" and bikes everywhere. If there weren't men with huge guns (not muscles--but armory) outside the hotel and galavanting on the street, then, I would be renting a bicecleta from the hotel. So...we are going "into town"...I wonder what the Mexican bike rules of the road are???

In other news....I saw BIKE STATION on Tuesday. WOW--it was amazing. The location was perfect--in downtown Long Beach--right on the marina. It's easily accessible. You use a magic key--it's a key card--but in my mind it was magic...and that gives you access to your car. There are german bike racks that make it easy to load your bike on level 1 or level 2. There's also a repair person in the "shop" part that engages you in the bike fixing process--if you'd like. If I wanted to learn how to change my tire or tune up my bike---I can--Or he'll do it for me. There's a new bike station coming online--2 floors--showers, the whole deal. It's like a MEGA Bike Station. We met their CEO Andrea--who is awesome--and really passionate about the product. We need to get one of these in San Diego. I am hoping to go back up to that Bike Station to ask more questions and get a strategy down to get this in SD. It will happen..come hell or high water. I still have many questions and I had a sales appt. to go too...so, I felt a bit rushed--I rushed myself--but--I would live to dive in and ask more questions about the public vs. private sector...and how we group them together to make this happen. I know it can happen, just have to get a game plan down.

My friend Bill found my next bike for me. It's an Italian dream. Biancci?? (sp?) She's mint and red and black--I've already named her Bianca.

Off to town...to peruse the cobble stone streets...more bike info on mexico to follow. Arriba!

2 comments:

  1. Bianchi is awesome. Can't wait to see it!! My dad still has his Bianchi race bike that he bought in the 80's. That thing has thousands of miles on it and still going strong. You better let Curtis weigh in on the bike purchase or he'll be very dissappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering if you saw anyone in Mexico with a back disco light....especially the barely-attached variety.

    I bet those things are flying off the shelves down there.

    ReplyDelete