Monday, May 9, 2011

Back in the saddle

Ok, well I hit the streets again last week and had great success.... My house to Anthology--17 minutes flat. I loaded up all my gear for a 5 meeting day, had dress clothes in the bag and bike rider clothes on the bike. I landed at Cafe Italia in Little Italy--mostly for the coffee and then for a quick wonder woman change. Much to my delight...the bathrooms at this place are huge! Perfect for a wonder woman change and a quick spritz and primp before a day of meetings. I grabbed my coffee, locked my bike and hoofed it 2 blocks for morning meetings. In the midst of the meetings, I had another client call who we were suppose to meet at 6 pm. I had just enough time between my 10 AM and my 3 pm to ride up 5th to Hillcrest for the next meeting. Then....ride home to grab my car and pick up my client for an airport drop off. Well.........6 p client wanted me to meet her at 1 p. I said, great...I will pick you up. Then...after we hung up, I realized I don't have my car and I can't pick her up. I crafted a plan to ride my bike to her hotel, find a pedi cab along the way and then pedi cab with her to lunch along the bay---I was real excited to do that because it was such a nice day and I thought it would be relaxing for her. Then.....she called again and said she was going to the mall before our meeting and I should meet her there... YATZEE!! I didn't have to do the pedi cab switch a roo. And...so we met...our meeting lasted longer than expected which would make me late for the 3 p meeting...so...I had to grab a cab to 3 p meeting. A gal pal ended up meeting me after the 3 p meeting and dropped me off. Whew--that was a close call. Along my ride in the morning to Anthology--it was such an awesome and easy ride. Florida is still so full of pot holes and although in a park, people fly down that street with little regard for the clearly marked bike lane. I always feel a little nervous riding on it. Pershing takes me straight to B and I rode that straight to Civic Center, cut through the court yard, cruised passed Downtown Johnny Brown's and then cruised over to A street to India. So easy..... Getting back in the groove was easy--even on a really hot day---the key is finding a large Cafe Italia style bathroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment