Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bike to work day...looming

Well, Bike to Work Day San Diego is this Friday, May 20th. If you go to iCommutesd.com you can sign up and track your trip. You will be eligible to win all sorts of prizes. In addition, there are pit stops names with various goodies including free chain lubes, Clif bars, visits from Zoo animals and the like. Most stops are from 6 a - 9 a. I plan on hitting a couple on my way into my Friday appts. The ones on my route and appeal most to me are the Fehr/Peers, 4th and Island--giving away some sort of "lifestyle" pass...sounds creepy--yet interesting--worth the stop for sure, YMCA downtown and Whole Foods in Hillcrest. The other open area is the topic of bike lockers. We mentioned these bike lockers before. We know they are all over San Diego at various transit stops---but I have yet to see one. In the spirit of Bike to work week/month--extravaganza bonanza--I am going to find one of these lockers and try it out. I am positive they won't be as good as Bike Station...but, let's try out the existing Bike Lockers and see what they got. I looked at the bike commute map on icommutesd.com and could not locate said lockers. Next step, send an email asking for addresses. Mission Bike Locker...here we come...

Finally--various bike sponsors in the city are giving 15% or more off on items purchased bike to work day. 15% off beer and pizza at Blind Lady to wrap up the day seems in order for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment