Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Amazing Race Morning...

So...this morning I had to be at the San Diego Zoo at 8:30 AM. I had my Jansport all packed and ready to go. 8 AM I was on my way out the door and checked the Jansport one last time for the "Negotiation Scenarios" You see.....my boss had worked her bootie off on creating an AMAZING team outing for us. She used the book OUTLIERS, by Malcom Gladwell, as the backdrop for the day long outing. I read the book 2 years ago and fell in love with it...and was so excited for the adventure. She gave me 1 job, and 1 job only. I was suppose to create 3 negotiation scenarios, where we would break into teams, have an RFP, negotiate and "make the deal". We had 3 moderators, and had cheat sheets for each of us..... Guess What???? I forgot everything!!! I worked hard on Monday night to create the "scenarios". Tuesday was a real blurr...as work was pretty crazy.... I was sure I put the "scenarios" in the Jansport before the bike home on Tuesday night....and when I double checked Wednesday morning---POOF--they were gone... So.... it's 8 am, I have to be at the Zoo at 8:30 AM. It takes 11 minutes to get from my house to the hotel. It takes 20 minutes to get from hotel to the zoo. I've done this ride before, and it's all up hill...and a lady doesn't show up to the zoo from a bike from downtown in tact...so...not only would I be late if I went back to hotel to get these blessed "scenarios"..I'd be sweaty and gross from the hill and the speed. So...I called Amy--my trusted partner in crime... We agreed--she'd pick me up, we'd go to hotel, I'd get the "scnenarios" and we'd rush to the Zoo. She called it the "Amazing Race Morning..." and it sure was... She said, "I'm at 3rd and Laurel" what's my best course of action? I said, "Broadway", " I'll meet you at Broadway"...so...I hopped on my bike...and headed to Broadway... Amy found a shortcut and I bumped into her on the corner of 25th and C. I sped over, locked my bike at the corner, hopped off and jumped in her car. We raced to hotel, got the "scenarios"....and made it to the ZOO in the nick of time.... All was well..but, what a fun morning--AMAZING RACE

No comments:

Post a Comment