Saturday, January 23, 2010

Baby Blue's Slumber Parties...

Baby Blue has had alot of slumber parties lately. Last Friday, I had plans after work, so I left the bike at work and took a cab home after my extremely disappointing Friday night with Michael Vic "the dog fighter" dude. I walked down on Saturday, got my bike, and rode Market Street home. Market street is horrible to ride on. There are pot holes and crevices in the road. The cars go so fast on it. I like the challenging incline of that hill--but--WOW--that street needs some improving. Sunday, I rode Market again to East Village Tavern to meet my gal pals and watch the Charger game. A full day of drinking and another disappointing day--this time--The Chargers--I thought it would be best to take the bus home and leave Baby Blue locked up in front of Lotus Thai. Monday rolled around--I left her there--I did check on her on the way home. It was so rainy outside that I didn't want to put her in my car. Then.....I was coming back from an appt. and scooped her up, loaded her int he back of my car and took her home where she slept in her own space--just for 1 night. Rode her in on Wednesday and had a day full of meetings. After meetings, we had a company dinner, and then the company dinner turned into a night on the town. Most of the company friends had left. It was time to go home, load Baby Blue onto the #2 bus, and grab my Jansport.....All of a sudden, a sudden flock of men in suits came into the bar. I am a sucker for technology men--in suits--especially after a couple glasses of vino. So...there I was...with Baby Blue on the mind, still a lil' broken hearted from my previous Friday night, and what's a girl to do???? So...I stayed....I met an awesome guy. He is a runner--hiker--and bike rider. I explained I needed to leave due to the Baby Blue, #2 bus, Jansport situation...... He recommended we get a drink somewhere else. I obliged with disclaimer---"I'll go, but, I have to warn you. I ride my bike to work and I carry this huge, red, masculine, old, backpack on my back. It has my laptop, change of clothes, work stuff in it...and it's not pretty. I need to get that Jansport and if you want to take me to another bar to buy me a drink, the Jansport has to come with us." He said that sounded fun.....So...I grabbed the Jansport and off we went in the Gaslamp. Bike/Hiker/Running guy carried the Jansport on his back with great pride. He agreed it was very heavy and was quite perplexed how I ride my bike to and from work with this hefty thing on my back every day. Since that was quite a late night, AND, I had to catch a flight to San Francisco at 6 a the next morning.....I left Baby Blue at work--again--and took a cab home. So...Baby Blue has been through alot this past week---3 sleepovers, 2 dates, & a torrential rain storm. I understand if she's acting out a bit, and moving slow...I just hope she forgives me soon. It's alot of work up and down that hill with that Jansport---we don't have time for Baby Blue to act out...I gotta go to the grocery store....Neighbor/friend will look at her this weekend and I hope he diagnoses her problem so we can hit the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment