Monday, January 25, 2010

Special Aromas and Compliments....

Ride in today was easy peezy--super brisk--makes my face nice and red when I get into work--totally natural rouge style--who needs maybeline--I've got morning face burn:) After work I was doing my normal wonder woman change of costume from work wear to workout wear...and realized that not only am I using my neighbor's borrowed helmet--but--my bike light on the front went out--and--I left my pink light hat at home--Oh Schnikes-- so....I proceeded with caution on the way to the gym taking the most lit streets. Hit the gym--and walked my bike to the bus. On my walk--a man looked at me dead in the eye and said--in a perverse way, "Nice Bike Girl".... Now, I'm used to dudes looking at my boobs instead of my eyes when they talk to me--I've been "endowed" since I was 7. I'm used to a casual, "pretty face" comment--but, in a dirty weird voice from a seemingly normal person--"Nice Bike Girl"....weird. Even more weird---I have a Baby Blue Huffy that arrived to me in a box back in December 2008. My neighbor put it together--so--it's not even a nice bike. The front light is out, my back tire is flat and it's a Huffy--- Who knows--I took the compliment and ran. Got on the bus and 3 stops later a man with a HUGE back pack held together with a card board box and duct tape on the bottom got on the bus. He also was carrying a large box appx. 4 feet tall held together with bungee cord. Between the back pack and the box--we could barely see the guy. He sat down and immediately there was a wafting scent of sickening stuff lingering to the back of the bus. The man behind him got up and moved. The nice lady next to me put her scarf over her nose. It was apparent to me that I was not the only one smelling him. I couldn't figure out if it was him or some of those items he had in the box or the backpack...then--in a real morbid and imaginative moment--I thought: "What if that guy has a dead person in that box?" I know it's a weird thought--but--nothing could smell worse.... I got home safe and sound and took a shower right away. I needed to scrub the scent and the thoughts off me.

In other news----Dan Martin and Maria Filipi from SanDag emailed AND called me back today. Unfortunately, my day got away from me today and I had no spare time for my "volunteer" work to return the call. I am in sales--so, every minute that passes is a minute of something not sold..and today--we had a lot of buyers--believe it or not. I am going to propose a phone appt. for Thursday. I hope one of them can fit it in their schedule:)

Let's make this Bike Station thing happen. According to Dan's message--the biggest obstacle is funding....but...what if we could resolve that? Let's talk!

1 comment:

  1. Umm...I love that you used "Awe Shnikes!" Aaron G. would love that......especially since it's his birthday today :)

    ReplyDelete