Thursday, January 14, 2010

I was on auto-pilot today. I work from home on Thursdays and go to boot camp every Thursday at 6 p. It was 5:15, I hopped on my bike, rode down to boot camp..I got all the way down there and remembered, it's cancelled today. So, I took advantage of the awesome night sky and rode over to Harbor Drive for a peak at the sunset. I rode around the bay--it was awesome. The Port of San Diego needs to clean off the lights on the path. It's low light and there are wacky lil' twists and turns in that path everywhere. I had a bday dinner to go to so I began my ascent to Hillcrest. I took 5th avenue from little italy all the way up to University. I have not taken that route in a while and it sure does seem like there is a new sushi place every 10 feet. I counted 5 Sushi restaurants between 5th/Ash and 5th & Robinson.. I also glided past a bar called The Tin Cup: Alientown. Looked like a dive bar--and a place I want to learn more about...anything named Alientown has potential. After my dinner I rode through Hillcrest on Florida home. WOW, Florida street is so so black at night. I went up 26th street hill. I have been partially riding up that hill for 4 months. I normally ride and walk it. Tonight--I rode the whole dang thing...Oh Yeah...I did it. It was so dark at night and so scary...and freezing cold---but...I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment