Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 14...Old friends...

What a great morning on the bike. It wasn't even 11 AM and I had already logged 11 miles on my bike. THAT feels fantastic! This was the first day I "ran errands" on Baby Blue. It was so fun. Dry Cleaner, Grocery and Candle Store. My satchel of goodness was very busy today. Along the way, as I rode up Island Street (PS--this is the perfect incline from downtown to southpark---Broadway, and C are killer hills...) anyway, I as rode up Island street, I saw some pop up tents in the distance.... It appeared there was a mini neighborhood festival of sorts. Nothing makes me happier than pop up tents on a sunny Saturday. As I approached the tents, I bumped into 2 old buddies of mine--Ricardo and Gerry. It had been so long since I have seen them, and it was such a fortuitous treat. They both are doing great and just opened a new coffee shop in that hood called: Latte Mi Corazon. www.lattemicorazon.com I am definitely going to check it out next week. Had I never been on my bike, I would have never bumped into 2 of my favorite blasts from the pasts, and never would have heard about the new coffee shop. Another random act of kindness is that Kathy from the bike coalition sent me a helpful book called: "Street Smarts: Riding Confidently, Legally, and Safely". I definitely need to take a gander at that thing. My neighbor friend Angela called me "Kamikaze Mandi" the other day as she referred to my bike riding. I take that as a sign that I am not safe or legal on the bike. Thanks Kathy for the tips.

So, today, we are going to the KICK GAS festival. It is at Qualcomm. We are not riding our bikes there. We are taking the trolley--Blue line to Orange Line--easy peezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment