Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pork Loin--$10.75

This morning I gave my nether regions a break and walked to work. It takes appx. 30 minutes to walk from my house to work. Along the way I noticed many things I would not otherwise notice had I been driving my car. For example, as I walked past The Turf Club--a fantastic local dive bar that has cheap/stiff drinks and specializes in grilling your own food--they had a very small, 8 x 10 flyer posted at eye level that said: "Special Tonight: Pork Loin--$10.75" Who wouldda thunk? And...as I sauntered past Broadway as I entered into downtown at 7:40 AM...I found a new place---well--at least it was new to me....it was called "Wolfy's" yes, "Wolfy's" something about Chicago was on the sign, and a small derby style hat was over the "o" in Wolfy's. I am assuming it's a bar/eating establishment combo--but, still, I'd never seen it before. My normal route takes me down 8th through Petco Park and to the hotel. Although I was on foot...today was the same. I ended up biking home in record time. The nether regions feel tougher than ever and I am ready for my next ride. My friend Andy---who is an avid biker--among many things--invited me to volunteer for the Boards, Bikes and Brews event on Sunday in Pacific Beach. It's Angela, our gal pal's bday, so we decided to volunteer from 12 - 2, then join in the festivities after. As a team, we are going to bike our way there. We agreed--via email--that she would pick the route there, and I will figure out how to get us home. It's likely we'll be tipsy, and in an unrideable condition--so, putting the bike on the front of a bus will be a fun and new experience. Details will follow. Tomorrow is the Harvest Fest. Bill says he has the transportation all worked out. Tonight will be the first night in 4 nights where I don't pack my bag, and pick out my work clothes before I go to bed. No post slumber bag packing strategy---what will I do? I think I'll stay up 20 extra minutes!! It's like when we were kids and it got light later, where we were aloud to stay out until 8 p, instead of 7 p. Very excited.

1 comment:

  1. Ask Bill about Wolfy's tonight. Basically his favorite restaurant in all of San Diego (and Chi Town)! You can pretty much get anything your little heart desires at that fine establishment....hot dog? CHECK!....deep-dish pizza? CHECK! weird ambiance? CHECK!

    ReplyDelete