Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Karma Police...

Day 7--Retroactive.... I know I am on day 10, but, I forgot to share something very important from Day 7. On my way home from dinner on Day 7, while on the bus, I checked my voice messages. My coolest neighbor friends ever left me a message. "Mandi, Curtis and I were at dinner and we were thinking your bike may go faster if you had different tires. We went to the store and bought you 2 new road bike tires. The cost is $25.00 and the labor is free. If you don't want to do this, no worries, we'll take the tires back. Curtis likes to tinker with bikes, so, it's no problem for him." What? Are you kidding me? How awesome is that? My neighbor friends are so friggin' cool that they bought 2 new tires for the bike, and installed them on the bike when I got back. All I had to do was give them $25.00. How amazing? I am so lucky to have awesome neighbor friends, and even more lucky that Curtis used to own a bike shop and loves putting fast tires on a slow bike. Guess what??? That 11 mile bike ride on Sunday was fast like greased lightning. It was all because of the random act of kindness from the Coolest Most Awesome Neighbor Friends--Angela and Curtis--on the whole planet!! Anyone reading this--PAY IT FORWARD. Go out and do something nice for someone today. It feels good to do, and it feels good to be on the receiving end of 2 new shiny wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment