Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Getting Creative...

My nether regions still hurt. I need to give them a ride off. So, I rode into work, and walked home today. I rode into work today and got there in 17 minutes. This is 4 minutes longer than my average 13 minute ride in....but, I wasn't speed demoning it down the hill like I normally do. I had to look presentable, so, I coasted in this morning. Worked all day and was suppose to conduct a boot camp class at 6 p, then ride home. We had a long meeting that was very informative and quite nice....but, it took the energy straight out of me. I cancelled boot camp. The ride in front of me seemed daunting, especially since I had to go grocery shopping and carry groceries in my satchel while riding up that god forsaken hill. I decided I'd walk home today. I got my groceries, and began the journey. I talked to a gal pal on the phone as I hauled tofu, bananas, broccoli, chicken, assorted veggies, and my lap top on my satchel. As I was walking up that hill my satchel came loose and my bananas fell out behind me. It ended up jumping at the back of my ankle and I was sure I was getting bit by an animal. Oh no...no animal..just a jumping banana. Since it's dark, and i left my glasses at work, I couldn't see at first that it was my bananas. I stopped, reloaded, adjusted the satchel and headed back up the hill. In a moment of weakness I went to the local liquor store and got nacho chips, cheddar cheese and a 6 pack of beer. Am I emotional eating because I am stressed from the walk? Maybe....but, thank God I have my jumping bananas and Tofu to fall back on. It takes about 35 minutes to walk to work, so, I will leave extra early tomorrow, work for the day, workout at the gym after work, then bike it back home. As long as I don't use my car, I am still honoring the 30 day Trial.....but, my next magic trick will be to figure out how I will get to Balboa Park on Thursday for an event, and to LaJolla on Friday for another...My plus 1 for each is not aloud to drive me according to the rules....so, it's bike, walk or bus for both of us. Let's see if they're willing to play in the 30 day trial sandbox...

4 comments:

  1. And to think this started with a cup of cold Fat Tire beer, wow Mandi! I can't wait to see what may happen at The Wine Pub, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandi - Don't even worry about, we're taking a unicorn to the gig on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved chatting last night! Hope you enjoyed the nachos and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Mandi! You're doing great! I'd say the nachos were well deserved. :)

    ReplyDelete