Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bikes, Balloons, Wind & Lip Gloss

Yes--I said lip gloss.... But, let's start with the important stuff. My gal pal's wedding shower was today. I committed a while back to pick up 20 multi colored balloons that would go with the Mexican theme. Now that I am doing my no car gig, I still had to get the balloons. I ventured off to Vons--which was 3 blocks north and 2 blocks east of Regan's house. I got the balloons, and tied them to the seat of my bike. I rode in the street--stayed clear of the side walks due to fear of the trees--I should have been more concerned about the wind. The wind blew those blessed balloons everywhere including in the spokes of the bike. We lost about 4 on the journey. The pop was loud. The laughs and stares from passers bye--even more loud. The most troublesome part of it all.... the ribbons from the balloons were long and curly...they were wavy in the wind, and kept flying up at my face and sticking to my lip gloss... I know...you're thinking, "Why are you riding a bike and wearing lip gloss"?? 2 months ago I may have said the same thing...but...normally I wear chap stick. 2 months ago my boss turned me onto lip gloss. She wears it all the time--everywhere--it's the same as putting on shoes for her... She never leaves the house, her office, anywhere without lip gloss. She inspired me to buy a bevvy of it..and I am hooked. I always have it on now. I love lip gloss.. So, I am guilty as charged--a bike riding commuting lip gloss addict. Anyway--it made for an interesting ride. I dropped the balloons to Regan's--as I pulled up, a man was holding his baby and she was saying "Ba-lllll-oooooo-nnn-s" I am pretty sure it was one of her 1st 5 words in her vocab. We made the world--and her vocab better today. As I left the balloon drop off spot--I almost barrelled over a very skinny man, on the side walk, wearing shiny black leather pants. He should have been riding my bike, wearing lip gloss with the balloons.....

In other news----I made it home in 14 minutes from downtown today. It normally takes 25 - 30 minutes-- The Presbyterians were not singing today. tomorrow is Sunday though, and I'll be on my bike by 8:15 A.....Church and Sabbath worship HAS to happen tomorrow...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment