Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 30--I did it!!!!

Well---30 days.....bike only as main mode of transport and I have to say--It was pretty easy. It was so easy, I've decided it's going to be my way of life. I am more aware, more alert, more healthy and more conscious riding a bike or walking everywhere. For those places that I can't get to in a jiffy on my bike or on my feet---I'll hop on a bus or a trolley. At last resort, I'll take a car... but...I have to tell you, I have been looking into selling my car. Anyone interested in a 2007 Nissan Versa? She's cute--she's cheap--and she's in great shape since I never driver her.

Biggest thing I've learned over the last 30 days.....PAY ATTENTION! Pay attention to everything.... people can be turning right, when you're cruising up to their right. Some drivers don't even pay any attention while driving because they're texting, or they're tourists, or they're totally lost--physically--or just lost in their mind from the wild day they had. So, do your part to pay attention. Second best thing I learned---San Diego is pretty amazing. There are so many nooks and crannies that one can never find unless on a bike or on foot...so, take some time, to pay attention to your surroundings. I bet you'd be amazed at the fantastic things, people, buildings, nuances that surround you once you stop, breathe, look left--look right--and just PAY ATTENTION to what's surrounding you. Life's too short to pass up the great opportunity to celebrate all that's great in your world...right now:)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Manda!!! I am so proud of you! Way too go!

    xo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Mand!!! I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration for sure!! YOU RULE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete