Monday, November 2, 2009

Nostalgia

I should write an Ode to my Jansport. I realized today that I have had my Jansport back pack since I was a sophomore in college. Who wouldda thunk it would stick with me all this time and make this wacky bike journey. 14 years old...and it's as sturdy as the day I bought it. Cheers to you Jansport. I will not trade you in--even if you make me look like a butch lesbian on a bike.

I think I'm getting faster, and Island Street is still my favorite. Made it to work in 13 minutes today. 4.3 minutes per mile. Then...I rode to the gym, worked out for an hour, and rode home in the dark dark darkness of Island Street. I made it home and up that massive hill in 25 minutes flat. It totally helped that I rode like a bat out of hell on 17th street through 24th street since it was so dark and there were homeless people and gang members eye balling me the whole way. I should have taken the bus home, but, the moon was full, and it felt so good under that night air.

No comments:

Post a Comment