Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 50--Prayers & Blessings...

An 80 year old woman at Thanksgiving said "I am going to say a prayer for you every day". I appreciated the prayer. That sure was sweet. She said this in response to me telling her that I ride my bike everywhere and sometimes ride a bus. Who doesn't need an extra prayer or two? This spawned into a conversation about the Al Gore environment conspiracy theory. Many were of the philosophy that all the GREEN stuff is created to make money. I can see how creating an emerging market in a down economy can be a real drag.... (wink wink) Anyhoo--I had to clearly state the mission behind my bike riding was a personal choice--a lifestyle choice--a health choice and had nothing to do with GOING GREEN. This is a common misconception--one that I normally let people just have...but--in this circle--I had to clear up any misunderstanding that my bike adventure was for me to GO GREEN. I love riding my bike. I love the challenge of figuring out how to get places using a mix of bike/bus/trolley. I like it when people say they'd use public transport more if it were more convenient. Have you ever tried? If you try, you'll find, San Diego is very easy to get around using public transport. I admit--I am blessed--I live 2.5 miles from where I work. I live in a neighborhood that is walkable, safe and easy to get around. I don't have any kids that I need to transport in a car seat or to soccer practice...and I am a low maintenance gal. I don't wear make up and my hair pretty much looks the same all the time--under a helmet or out of a helmet--unless it's raining--then--my hair gets curly. Not a bad look though... So--I'm blessed and can do this journey...and I have an 80 year old woman praying for me....Thanksgiving weekend really makes a gal count her blessings:)

No comments:

Post a Comment