Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 46--So many questions.....

I've had so many conversations with my work peers and friends. These are the same people I've known for years and see every day. For some reason, recently, they have many questions about this bike adventure. I love it. Their questions are super interesting--quite thought provoking and even funny....

For example, my gal pals--the sisters--asked, "If you only ride your bike, and don't have a car, what would you do if you bought a mattress?" My answer: "have it delivered".
Another question: "How will you get all the things you want to sell at our garage sale to our house?" My answer: "Rent a truck" or "cook dinner for a friend and in exchange, i borrow his truck" I love the sisters. Their best and my most favorite question was, "What about COSTCO? How do you get stuff from COSTCO home?" My answer: "I don't go to Costco. I shop at the Farmer's market...". I hope I cured all of their curiosities. Since it's Thanksgiving Week, and I am all about the Gratitude Attitude....I am thankful for the thought provoking questions because it does help a gal think through these things.

My pal at work--Paul--said, "I was thinking about you the other day as I was wondering, how would Mandi do that?" He was referring to an emergency car ride OR having to take guests to and from the airport. Living in San Diego I am always having friends and family visit. The answer to that is simple--they take a cab. I am a great hostess, I'll just transfer my gracious hostessing from airport pick up to cooking their favorite meal, or having a great welcome gift when they get here--right? OR--throughout the visit, since I started this journey--Aunt Dena has come to town. She insisted we bike only. We actually rode our bikes on an awesome ride...so, it all depends on the visitor--but--I'm not afraid--there's solutions for this.

I also learned something great this past week. If you call 511 on your cel phone, SanDag will tell you anything you want to know about commuting and public transportation. Also, you can get a guaranteed FREE RIDE HOME up to 3 times a year if you pay a small fee. When I say small, I believe it's $5.00. So, crisis averted---when I get rid of the car, I am all set for all challenges. I do like to hear the questions though--it gets me thinking about all the possibilities and prepared for the future. Gratitude Attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment