Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 27--The Finger Wag....

Something I've gotten really good at over the last 27 days is the finger wag. Picture it... riding your bike, knowing you have the right of way because you stopped at the stop sign ions of time before the car at the other stop sign does...and guess what?? They start rolling through the stop sign... This is when I toss out a "finger wag"? You know what I mean... it's that 1 finger pointing at that person doing wrong, and shaking it at them... not rapidly, just slowly, with judging eyes, eye brows raised--just a shmidge...and a little smile.. Enough to tell them--"we both know you tried to roll through that stop sign", but, coy enough to not make them feel like they want to hit the gas pedal and run me over off my bike. It's a real simple--yet--effective technique...

So, I got to work in 13 minutes today..and home in 24. My time going home, up that hill is getting better. Riding through the ghetto, isn't as scary. Most of the homeless people just like to talk to themselves, and they can't chase me up that big ass hill anyway...I'm on a bike..and they have blankets and what not that hold them down should a chase scene pop up...so, I think the night ride home route is good. Tomorrow is a big day..... I will attempt to buy 20 multi colored balloons and ride them over to my gal pal's house where we're having a wedding shower. Imagine---1 girl, 1 bike, 20 multi colored balloons tied to the seat of my bike. If I can bring at least 1 smile or sense of wonder to a random passer-by...I will have done my work for the day...wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment